Beginning in the 1930’s Big Band music was extremely popular. This popularity made Big Band music a favorite among the Hollywood movie production community. During this ‘swing’ era artists such as Benny Goodman, Duke Ellington, Tommy Dorsie and Glenn Miller were courted by the movie industry. Big Band music was in high demand by the public and the movie industry was more then happy to deliver this music to the public.
Here is a list of our list of the top five Big Band music movies.
1. The Glenn Miller Story (Universal, 1956)
2. The Benny Goodman Story (Warner Brothers, 1937)
3. The Fabulous Dorsey’s (United Artists, 1947)
4. Hollywood Hotel (Warner Brothers, 1937)
5. Las Vegas Nights (paramount, 1941)
If you’re like us and can't get enough of the Big Band sound, check out these movies.
Well leave you with a quote: